CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 69- Cow Eyeball


Today I dissected cow eyes with my 5th grade students. They were so excited they couldn't stand it. I did one and they followed along with their own. They said I had to take pictures of it and post on our class web site. I even had kids that brought their own cameras so they could take pictures too.


Some of these were hard to get a good picture of. Thankfully this was something I could take lots of pictures of and try to get a good one.

I hope I haven't grossed anyone out too much. I tell my kids gloves are for wimps so we all dissected with our bare hands. The kids loved it!
Settings
Picture 1: f/2.8 ss 1/200 sec. ISO-100
Picture 2: f/10 ss 6 sec. ISO-100
Picture 3: f/10 ss 0.8 sec ISO-100
All were taken with my 100 mm macro lens.

5 comments:

  1. OH . . . MY. . . GOSH. I have never seen it quite like that before. Good for the students thou, all that hands on learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like bare hand dissections...you teach them at an early age! LOL YUCK!! I do have to admit though...these eyeballs makes for interesting and unique images! Definitely a one of a kind! Kinda cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your macro shots are perfect...the subject not so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids are in Grade 7 and Grade 9 and have never dissected anything. I might like to transfer them to YOUR school district! Well done on engaging these young minds and on photographing the process too.

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete