CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 35- New Class Pets


We got two adult Madagascar hissing cockroaches for pets today. The kids were so excited! I took them out and put them on the Elmo so they could all see them on the smartboard.
This picture does nothing to show scale. These bugs are longer than my finger. And they really do hiss when you touch them. So cool!
You might remember our last class pet, Tater Tot. Well, he escaped and lots of people won't come in my classroom anymore. lol So the kids voted to name the new class pets today and they named them Chris and Michelle (after my husband and me). I sent Chris a picture and a text telling him and he said he was so excited to have a bug named after him (dripping with sarcasm of course).
Settings: f/5.6, ss 1/3 sec., ISO-100

No comments:

Post a Comment